Australia’s fresh produce is world class, thanks to our Aussie Farmers. The seasonal fruit and vegetables are deliciously fresh and there is plenty to choose from. In this recipe you’ll find those moreish Bravo™ apples. If you love that sweet juicy slight tart taste, head to a local fruit shop and fill your fridge now!!
This simple dish is a combination of chicken, apple and fennel and is bursting with incredible flavours. What is it about the scent of savoury and sweet wafting in the air? The family was itching to start lunch. We chose Bravo™ apples not only just for the flavour, the gorgeous burgundy skin adds more colour to the dish, just perfect! Here is the recipe and we hope you enjoy every bite.
• 800g chicken thigh fillets (substitute with chicken thighs)
• Large onion
• 3 apples
• Salt and pepper
• Fresh sage
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Brush over EVOO on the base of the baking dish.
- Cut chicken into 3 pieces lengthways and fold over each piece, push through a toothpick to hold in place.
- Slice onion and fennel and cut apples into quarters.
- Place each piece of chicken, onion, fennel and apple into baking dish alternating.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and sage.
- Cover the baking dish and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for aprpoximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a leafy green salad. We used cos lettuce, toasted walnuts and some blue vein cheese drizzled with balsamic vinegar and EVOO.
Don’t forget apples are in season now. If you haven’t tried Bravo™ apples you will definitely be in for a wonderful surprise. Eat them fresh everyday but when they’re baked the flavour is irrisitible. If you’re cooking this recipe we would love to see your pics! Don’t forget to tag us on Facebook and Instagram. Remember, eat a range of fresh fruit, vegetables, dairy, grains and protein and exercise regularly. Thank you for supporting our Aussie Farmers!