How amazing it has been to see peaches from our Kumbia growers in the South Burnett region really brought to life in this simple, healthy Peach Cobbler recipe! Recently we had the pleasure of collaborating with Casey-Lee Lyons of www.livelovenourish.com.au. Casey-Lee put this drool worthy recipe together and would you believe it’s gluten free friendly!
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup honey (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 large peaches, cut into quarters
2 tsp coconut sugar 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamon
1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 175°C.
- Grease a small pie dish generously with coconut oil (make sure coconut oil is soft. If it is melted
slightly firm by placing in fridge for several minutes).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together coconut milk, egg, honey and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients; almond meal, tapioca and baking powder. Mix to combine well.
- Pour batter into greased pie dish. Top with peach quarters.
- Combine coconut sugar, cinnamon and cardamon and sprinkle over top of peaches. Top with
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through and caramelised on top.
- Serve with your choice of ice cream, whipped cream/coconut cream or custard for dessert.
Healthier enough for breakfast you can serve with yoghurt.
• You can replace honey with your preferred natural sweetener such as rice malt syrup or maple syrup.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, nutritionist, naturopath and mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to reenergise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media:
Instagram @livelovenourishaus Facebook @livelovenourish
It was a pleasure to meet and have the opportunity to work with Casey-Lee. It’s great when like-minded individuals can come together to really show their support for Aussie growers.