The pineapple of my eye. This year’s pineapple season is irresistibly sweet. It’s got us feeling like it’s Summer all year round. So, we thought we’d help you bring to life an easy and quick Pineapple Fruit Bowl, right in your very own home. Simple, fresh & it tastes like Summer!
Pineapples, Pineapples, Pineapples… Did you know our amazing Aussie Farmers produce around 35 million pineapples each year? Now that’s a tropical sensory overload!! These delicious delights stem from the Bromeliad family, which produce an edible fruit. Each pineapple from its’ humble beginnings to harvest takes up to two years to grow. Most Aussie pineapples are grown in South-East Queensland, Yepoon, North Queensland and the Northern Territory. In 1493 it is said that Christopher Columbus first laid his eyes on pineapples during his second voyage to “the new world” on the Island of Guadeloupe, an archipelago in the Carribean. From there news of this exotic fruit began to quickly spread, becoming the fruit enjoyed by mostly royalty. To this day it still wears a crown, just one of its own creation.
1 ripe pineapple
granny smith apple
- Wash all your fruit and slice strawberries, bananas, kiwi fruit, apple and scoop out passionfruit pulp
- Use a sturdy knife to slice the pineapple vertically halfway down and turn the pineapple and cut into the other end.
- Run the knife down and across the pinapple flesh.
- Cut around the inside of the pineapple making sure you don’t cut too deep.
- Carefully scoop out with a spoon the pineapple cubes.
- Place all of the fruit into a bowl and gently mix (feel free to add a squeeze of lime to enhance the flavours).
- Place the fruit into the pineapple halves and serve.
- Enjoy alone or you may like to add your favourite icecream.
Weather you prefer to chill or enjoy pineapples at room temperature, be sure to add this amazing pineapple fruit bowl recipe to your next social occasion. Its’ simple, yet stylish appeal will have your guests in awe of your culinary skills. Bring on the endless Summer vibes with this fruit pineapple fruit bowl! Find out how we created this on Instagram.