As August comes to end we are so excited to welcome Spring! We went digging for the perfect recipe to kick off the warmer weather. Aussie Apples gave us this mouth-watering combination including Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw with Feta. This recipe would be an ideal dish with Stanthorpe Nicoletti Orchards Gala or Pink Lady apples. Head into your local fruit shop to pick some up and get cooking!
- 500 gm or half a small red cabbage finely sliced
- 3 stalks of finely sliced green onion (1 cup)
- 1 cup ( 100 gm) toasted Pepita seeds
- 2 apples, cored and quartered then sliced finely
- 200 gm creamy Danish feta
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 50 ml / 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 100 ml / 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey
- Place all ingredients for dressing into a jar or container. Shake well until all are combined.
- Using a big bowl mix the red cabbage, green onion and pepita seeds together.
- Put the sliced apples on top and pour the dressing over. Toss mix thoroughly so the apples are fully coated in dressing. Sprinkle the crumbled Danish Feta and toss the salad together.
Notes: Slice the apples on the slicing side of your grater if you have one.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people as a side
For more delicious recipes using our locally grown Divine Fruits click the link below…