Here we bring to you the Salmon, Kumbia Nectarine & Walnut Salad, another masterpiece by Casey-Lee Lyons. The nutritionist was delighted with the flavoursome Kumbia peaches and nectarines in a previous recipe that she couldn’t wait to continue that creative flair in the kitchen again.
Casey-Lee boasts her family has enjoyed the stone fruit as a treat and the first recipe, the peach cobbler, was a huge hit with many Queenslanders!
We are excited to share a refreshing Salmon, kumbia Nectarine & walnut salad recipe with you. The best part? It involves Kumbia nectarines from the South Burnett region in Queensland! Head here for more on Nutritionist Casey-Lee!
Prep: 20 minutes Serves: 4
- Large fillets salmon Extra virgin olive oil for cooking – 2 Fillets.
- 4 heaped cups mixed delicate salad greens, (rocket, arugula).
- 4 ripe Kumbia nectarines, quartered.
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped – 1/4 cup.
- Red onion, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 cup.
- Lemon juice – 1 Teaspoon.
- Mustard – 1 Teaspoon.
- Walnuts, toasted – 1/2 Cup.
- In a frying pan grill peaches on each side until caramelised grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot frying pan. Cook salmon until edges crisp and cooked through. Alternatively use hot smoked salmon, pre-cooked
- Make salad dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice & mustard.
- On a salad serving platter, spread across mixed leafy greens and mint. Then sprinkle over red onion.
- Flake salmon through salad and arrange chargrilled peaches.
- To finish, pour over dressing and top with walnuts just before serving.
To save time use hot smoked salmon. As an alternative dressing use a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, nutritionist, naturopath and mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body. Plus healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au. Or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus Facebook @livelovenourish
Keep an eye on our social media for more tasty recipes! Want to read more about the families from Kumbia? Follow the link here and here. We would like to thank all of our readers for continuing to support Aussie growers!
For more delicious recipes using our locally grown Divine Fruits click the link below…