Tropical Salad with Octopus and I.M. SWEET Apricots
Brisbane’s Executive Chef Javier Codina of MODA Tapas and Brasa Bar has developed endless incredible recipes both here and in Europe. In Addition, his love of Australian produce is recognised everywhere he goes cooking up a storm all around Queensland.
Last season Javier amazed us with a number of delightful stone fruit recipes and this year it’s astounding, the flavours get better and better.
This Goulburn Valley I.M. SWEET Apricot dish will be a hit when entertaining this Summer. The renowned Chef boasts the combination of the sweet and tangy flavours truly compliment the Spanish style octopus.
Tropical Salad with Octopus and I.M. SWEET Apricots Recipe
2 large or 4 small I.M. SWEET apricots (Rival variety preferred)
4 spring onions
1 red chilli
1 golden shallot
A handful of heirloom tomatoes
1T lemon juice and 3T EVOO for the dressing
Pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
A few leaves of mint or coriander or dill
Herbs – For example – bay leaf, lemon, thyme, rosemary
1 lemon cut into wedges
Mesclun leaves, kale, baby spinach, snow pea tendrils,
- Refrigerate apricots for around 2hrs before preparing the dish to achieve the full flavour.
- Cook octopus for 2 1/2hrs Spanish style with lemon wedges, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary.
- In a bowl combine octopus, apricots, spring onions, golden shallots, chilli, tomatoes and drizzle dressing, toss lightly.
- Decorate with mint or any of the above-mentioned herbs.
- Finally, drizzle the dish with orange dressing.
Serves 4 PEOPLE
Javier wholeheartedly supports Australian producers and would like to thank the growers Dasha and Sherie Sherif of I.M. SWEET Australia for producing delicious apricots yet again. The chef absolutely enjoys cooking and eating them fresh too! Make sure to follow our social media to learn more about the growers.